- Full-stack software engineer: provisioning AWS resources, implementing backend services, building maintainable interfaces using React.
- Seeking to help develop a meaningful product in an engaging, compassionate workplace.
- Designed and developed Codelands, a programming environment for people without programming experience, rooted in UNIX philosophy and design.
- Worked with my co-founder to architect and prototype several iterations of our concept.
- Designed and built Pizza Planet, a transactional mailer internal service.
- Solved early concurrency problems in other services by developing a library to bind Boto3 to Tornado's HTTP client.
- Spearheaded an effort to develop a common platform for RESTful service design and implementation.
- Built the infrastructure for a Python 3 backend for an iOS app: provisioned servers, deployed an internal PyPI, designed and set up a rolling deployment system with safe rollbacks.
- Built a system used to determine new customer needs using specific questions tailored to hundreds of categories: customer frontend, backend, and admin interface.
- Championed an effort to develop a product process that gives product team members maximum agency, and coordinated and wrote the engineering team's proposal.
- Built Prospect, an event tracking and funnel analytics service.
- Designed and built an authentication/authorization system to let users sign on implicitly from notifiations yet still requiring a password later for sensitive operations.
BA, Computer Science
- Group senior thesis: an intelligent music stand that uses a microphone to follow along with a piano player and automatically advance the sheet music.
- Extensive non-CS work in theater (acting and directing) and English analysis and composition.